Education - Warwickshire

Facilities for sport, music and drama

King Edward VI School was founded in 1482 and is accepted to be where William Shakespeare received his formal education. Steady growth over the years brought the school to the point when it was no longer possible for the pupils to assemble together in one place on the site. The new hall meets this need and provides significant additional facilities for sport, music and drama.

The new building was carefully designed to fit into a sensitive and important part of the town, was the subject of a public inquiry, the scheme was admired by the Inspector for its 'interplay of pitched roofs and clerestory lighting', which he determined enhanced and made a positive contribution to the Conservation Area.

The Hall has a complete installation for theatre lighting and sound systems and special attention was given to the acoustic design, resulting in a flexible space that is excellent for concert and recital performances.

<< Back to overview

New Country House - Shropshire New Country House - Shropshire New Country House - Shropshire New Country House - Shropshire New Country House - Shropshire

Education Warwickshire

Description: New Assembly Hall King Edward VI School Location: Warwickshire For: The Governors of King Edward VI Grammar School